If You Missed It…
- Nathan Pelletier sits in the researcher’s spotlight as the Endowed Chair in Bio-Economy Sustainability Management/Egg Industry Chair in Sustainability at University of British Columbia – Okanagan, Canada.
- The Egg Industry Center was visited by Florida high school students to learn about the U.S. egg industry as part of their summer agriculture tour of the Midwest.
- Congratulations are in order! EIC Advisory Board Chairman Dr. Dennis Casey was awarded 2017 Egg Person of the Year at the Urner Barry Executive Conference & Marketing Seminar. EIC board, founding chair Mr. Blair VanZetten received this award in 2016.
- Forum 2017 was once again a success. We had fantastic speaker presentations, many of which were highlighted by egg industry media. The egg forum panel received excellent reviews regarding its coverage of flock management and pullet rearing differences for cage-free housing. We would like to thank our sponsors for making this event possible!
- To commemorate Egg Month in May, the EIC released a sustainability video based on a study that compared the environmental footprint of the egg industry in the United States between 1960 and 2010. Click here to find out what Midwest college students thought about these comparisons.
- Be sure to check out the industry Calendar of Events. If you have information to add to the calendar, please contact Lesa Vold.