To add value to the egg industry by facilitating research and learning for egg producers, processors and consumers through national and international collaboration.
The Egg Industry Center meets its research and outreach goals by leadership in:
- Creating efficiencies through coordination
- Identifying industry needs that can best be impacted through the Center
- Identifying and attracting funds to direct to high priorities to accomplish more effective problem-solving
- Communicating solutions to audiences throughout the egg industry and consuming public.
The vision of the Egg Industry Center is to assist a thriving egg industry in advancing:
- Egg production, processing and product development
- A new paradigm for how research is conducted and information delivered
- Society's understanding and value of egg producers' contributions to the economy, environment, community, and to consumer health and well-being