AMES, Iowa — The Egg Industry Center has experienced a variety of changes in 2019. These changes have included the addition of new faces to the EIC Advisory Board. Voting board members seated in 2019 include:
- Dr. Daniel Robison, Endowed Dean’s Chair in College of Agricultural and Life Sciences at Iowa State University. Dean Robison started his tenure in February 2019, and attended his first Egg Industry Issues Forum before his installation ceremony on April 24.
- Mike Sencer, Senior Vice President at Hidden Villa Ranch. Sencer is located in California and has served the industry in many capacities at the state and national level.
- Dr. Hongwei Xin, Dean of Ag Research at the University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture. Starting his tenure as Dean on April 1, Xin filled a vacant at-large seat after vacating his ex-officio seat as EIC Director.
Ex-officio board seat changes included:
Jan. 2020 will bring two more changes to the EIC Advisory Board.
- The ex-officio seat occupied by Dr. Susan Lamont will be assumed by new EIC Director, Dr. Richard Gates.
- The voting member seat occupied by Dr. Don Beermann, Chair of the Department of Animal Science at Iowa State University, will transition due to retirement. The seat will be assumed by interim department chair, Dr. John Patience, a professor of animal science who focused his research on swine nutrition. Patience will hold this seat until a new chair is appointed by the Dean of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Iowa State, a search that is well underway.
The Egg Industry Center sincerely thanks those who diligently served on the board during their terms. This includes:
- Roger Deffner, Vice President at National Food Corporation, who served since 2013, providing experience on egg processing, marketing and the west coast egg industry.
- Dr. Joe Colletti, Senior Associate Dean who served as interim dean for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at ISU, who was recently recognized for his leadership on national agri-research initiatives.
- Dr. Don Beermann, Chair of the Department of Animal Science at Iowa State University, who served since 2015, and was recently recognized with Iowa Poultry Association’s Lifetime Membership Award for his service to the poultry industry.
To see others who are serving as advisory board members, or learn more about those mentioned here, check EIC’s advisory board member profiles.